Wednesday, June 01, 2005

That pig has nipples! I told you I was your daddy!

So this past weekend....was definitely not what I expected it to be. And that's the way I like it. It was so much better than what I thought it had the potential to be. And that's the way I like it. At the last minute, my parents decided not to go, so it was just me, Armin, and Nissa. But, as soon as we got there we were around the (great!) committee members. There weren't as many youth there, but the few that were there were pretty dang awesome in their own unique ways. I laughed a lot thanks to them. Plus, next time I'm in Dekalb, I'm sure I'll see more than a few familiar faces. I learned a fair amount and my interest was sparked to do some research on a number of topics, so that's good. The most important thing about this weekend though was that I was surrounded by genuinely awesome people, and that is always a great realization. Didn't take very many pictures, but for those who are interested the few we did take are located here.

Tomorrow, I think Ellington and Sofie are coming over and we're taking care of them for the day. We'll see how that goes. And my grandma is coming tomorrow night from California and staying for a few weeks before she leaves (and takes me with her!).

That's about it.

No comments: